Grassy Branch was founded on November 13, 1949 with twenty five charter members. They initially met in an old storefront, but within a year property was purchased and construction began on a building of their own. In 1959, under the leadership of Jay Blankenship, the church began to see considerable growth and expansion both in size and in mission outreach. In the mid sixties the church also received a donation of land to be used as a church cemetery.
In 1974 Kenneth Ridings became our 5th pastor, serving at Grassy Branch for 22 years. Under his leadership the church continued to flourish, and we were able to build our gymnasium/ fellowship hall located behind the church. During this time, the large sanctuary we use today was also built.